Surprise Conversations





The clock struck 12 and the cell rang. I felt the vibrations of the cell and I lift the call. I could hear people talking to each other. None of them talking to me. I waited for a while for them to respond and when I was about to cut the call I heard a sweet voice in the background wishing me ‘Happy birthday.’ I couldn’t recognize the voice, but yeah I had heard that voice before. Trying to recognize that voice, I sprung up on my bed and to my surprise the cell was switched off. I was stunned at the first sight of the cell being switched off, but later realized that I had turned it off in order to have a good sleep. 



Was it just a dream? If yes, how come that came sharp at midnight and who was the person talking on the cell? Everything seemed to be so familiar but still everything was different. Every voice in the background was heard but yet remained unheard. If not a dream. It could have been a telepathic conversation. Sounds like exaggeration, but as of now these are the only assumptions that I can do.

  The whole day my mind was revolving around that. The search for the person behind the so called ‘telepathic conversation’ became more and more interesting when I could feel people talking around me and when there was no one close by. This had now turned into a suspense case which had to be cracked at any cost. In a while, there was another day dream, which hopefully I guessed it right was my grandpa saying, “Stay patient everything will fall at place.” These words were very comforting, but I found it really difficult to let go thinking of the voice behind the call

The day passed and thoughts kept creeping in trying to figure out the person behind the telepathic call. The birthday wishes from almost all my cousins were telephonic and all were at night. The calls were done and the day had almost come to an end, but the mystery was still a mystery. It was bed time and I lay on the bed still thinking about the voice. There was a flashback of all the things happened in the day starting from the midnight telepathic call. There was a peculiar sound in the background which went unnoticed when I first heard it. It was ‘Lo***i’. Finally recognized the voice. It was Ruchi my cousin sissy. The sounds in the background were of all the cousins together. When I sprung up on my bed my sister gave me the phone saying that I had received a call from my school friend and when I was done with the call, she wished me ‘Happy Birthday’, this was the same voice I had heard at the end of the call.


“Surprises are not planned, they just happen.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ION Day- A joyous ride with great take aways !!

The speaking tree - Diwali Celebrates Inner Cleansing And Light

An idle mind is a devils workshop.