A Packaged Birthday


14th August, 2015 as expected started off with a surprise call. It was midnight and I was in need of a good sleep, so I switched off my cell phone on the night of 13th August. I knew people calling me at night would yell at me the next day, but that was alright because nothing can replace a peaceful sleep. In spite of me switching off my phone, I received a call and I was suddenly up when I realized that it was just a dream. This was my first virtual telepathic call.  When I was about to sleep again, my sister came and woke me up saying there was a call for me. This was the first real telephonic call I had received. It was my school friend ‘PAA’ (That’s what we call him).

            The call ended soon and now it was time to sleep again. I knew there were no more calls to disturb me, as hardly people had the other number. Soon it was early morning and I received a telephonic wakeup call from my grandma. After receiving the blessings from grandma and parents it was time to switch on my cell phone and get mentally prepared to listen to my friends. The moment I switched on my cell, it started ringing. 

            Birthday wishes started pouring in. The first surprise was the early morning cake. The cake was cut and few pics were taken. Enjoying the surprise, I forgot that it was getting late for college. Somehow I reached the bus stop in time and didn’t miss the bus. Things initially went on peacefully in college as I had to sit in class due to shortage of attendance.

            My classmates lag nowhere when it comes to creating moments. All of them greeted me with the birthday song. It was the first joyous moment in the college for the day. From then on wishes kept coming. The lunch break had another surprise for me. It was time to meet our faculty advisor, Sreekanth Sir. The birthday wishes from Sir and Vanita ma’am added glitters to the day.

            Things seemed to be peaceful till then. It was evening and time for all of us to leave. But wait, I received a call and was asked to wait for sometime. I met a few friends and then finally got a call asking me to come to the Idea room. The silence of the birthday had slowly turned into crazy fun filled violence. It was a matter of minutes after cutting the cake that most of us had cake on our faces making us feel the cakepack on us. Greetings, hugs and face wash brought an end to the small but exciting party of ours.



            It was getting late. Mom, aunty and sissy waiting for me to return home. Somehow I managed to reach home by 7’o clock. I entered the room to keep my bag as usual and suddenly out of nowhere few of my friends shouted ‘Happy Birthday.’ For a moment I was shocked or may be a little over surprised. I was speechless. Couldn’t speak for a while. That was the moment which will be ever remembered. The cake cutting, applying cake on face and the best part the final chocolate shower. OMG! I don’t know how, when and where the planning was done and how much difficult it was execute it, but one thing was for sure. It was FANTABULOUS!!! It was a short celebration but the sweetest one. In short it was a birthday package filled with surprises.

            Thank you everyone for the wishes without which the birthday would have been incomplete. Special thanks to our classmates for the lovely birthday song, team-ICC for the evening blast and last but not the least Kaavya, Sudarshan, Jasser and Nikhil for the surprise party at home. Hope you guys keep rocking and have a great future ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ION Day- A joyous ride with great take aways !!

The speaking tree - Diwali Celebrates Inner Cleansing And Light

An idle mind is a devils workshop.