A Fictitious Birthday

Present stuck up between past and future

                  14th August, a day, which almost every year turns out to be something special. But this year I guess that wasn’t the case. As usual I started receiving calls from midnight wishing me happy birthday and this continued for the whole day.
                  14th August 2014 seemed to be a routine birthday until I received call from one of my close friends in the morning at around 6:00 a.m. Things started getting strange from the time I cut the call. Everything around me kept changing and moving about here and there. Weird thoughts started creeping into my mind. It was then, that the strangest things started happening i.e. firstly, I started noticing the things that once existed in the past followed by the most unexpected things that could happen in the near future. Everything around me seemed strange, yet it was fascinating. For a moment I ended up being in a totally new world where nothing happened the way I wanted but things were happening.
                  A small distraction around me brought me back to this world. Even though I was back here I wished I could continue being in that virtual world because everything seemed so real. After having that experience some sought of fear entered my mind. Things started getting from bad to worse. I had a sense of fear but didn’t know from where and how the fear had crept in. The biggest problem being that I had no idea about what was scaring me. 




               Birthday mood was totally in a spoiled mood. Optimism slowly started turning into pessimism, my smile started fading, friends and family members started asking me what was wrong but I was speechless because even I wasn’t clear about what was going on.
Thinking my mood would just swing back to normal I went to college, and guess what, there was no change. I was in my own thoughts trying to figure it out what was wrong with me but nothing worked. Somehow I managed the time in the college and it was time to get back home. The hour and half journey back home was a fun ride because unknowingly I had a conversation with myself wherein I was trying to fight back the fear that had entered in me. It was really strange how the past and the future together had entered my mind and it was a sought of cold war going on where my present was being targeted.
             The inner voice as people say helps you solve most of the problems came to my rescue. The conversation with myself reminded me of the call received from God in Chetan Bhagat’s novel ‘One night @ the call center’.
             By the time I reached home my mind was clear and was back to the present. A big hug I received from my sister solved whatever the small problems were going on in my mind and a call from my cousin made my day. After this complete day I realized one thing that is ‘Imagination is the highest kite one can fly’. Most of the real world problems can be solved by having a proper image of it. Past is such a thing; a person should use it as an experience (and not as a weakness) to solve the problems of the present and become successful in the coming future.
'There's something beautiful in everyday. You just have to find it.' 



'Some days you just have to create your own sunshine and this was one of those days.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ION Day- A joyous ride with great take aways !!

The speaking tree - Diwali Celebrates Inner Cleansing And Light

An idle mind is a devils workshop.