This is how our society is!


          Last night I was just thinking about the different people in our society and the amount of importance that they give to brands. It is rightly said that well recognized things are not just names, they are brands. So, they have their own worth or should I say a brand value.
There are many people in our society that think that a brand is good enough to define an individual's status or standard of living.
Well......
          I don't think so. In my opinion it's the person who defines a brand. In other words a brand gets it's worth when it is given to or bought by the right person. Let me explain it with an incident that had taken place a year ago. I was walking across a street and had to wait for a friend of mine. In the mean while I just visited a general store to have something. There were two people at the store other than the owner. One being the worker while other guy was a customer and a good friend of the shop owner.


           All of us had watches on our wrists. Suddenly the other guy along with me asks the owner about his watch. The owner says," my son had bought this watch for me when he went for excursion and it cost him only Rs.100/-."
          “Why are you lying to me? Look at the worker in your shop, even he wears a watch whose value is Rs.100." 
          On hearing this, the worker's face became a bit gloomy. I couldn't understand why he was feeling so bad. Later when I asked him he said," This is how our society is. If a lower class guy wears a rolex or a fastrack watch, it either becomes a duplicate one or they think it might be stolen from somewhere. But when it comes to the middle class or rich people, whatever they put on becomes a brand." 
          He continued," Bro, even though my boss was telling that his watch was a cheap one, your friend wasn't ready to believe that but when he saw my watch even though it being a branded one how easily he said it is a 100Re. one. This watch was presented to me by my mom on my birthday."
          After saying this he kept silent for a while and then left.
         This left me wondering whether people define brands or brands define people.
          It's really difficult to answer this question but one thing is true for sure that the value of people is going down day-by-day and there will be one day where people will turn into brands rather than a company defining a brand. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ION Day- A joyous ride with great take aways !!

The speaking tree - Diwali Celebrates Inner Cleansing And Light

An idle mind is a devils workshop.